Teen Counselor-in-Training Program
May 22 - August 11
Mountain Kids! C.I.T. program provides 13-17 year old youth leadership experience with younger campers
C.I.T.s work from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday
C.I.T.s work alongside our staff to lead activities, help children and staff with a variety of tasks, navigate the natural world, promote safety, learn, play, and have fun!
C.I.T.s are asked to commit to a minimum of two consecutive weeks.
C.I.T.s are invited to participate in staff trainings and meetings, providing with leadership training and additional behind the scenes experience in planning, problem solving and communication.
Successful applicants for this program are:
- Outdoor enthusiasts and interested in, or enjoy working with children
- Willing to take on some responsibility and take initiative
- Want to learn and have fun!
- Please complete the online application
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to prompt an application review and schedule an interview
- Once accepted, your parent or guardian needs to register you online
Fees and Stipends:
First Year C.I.T.s: Training of C.I.T.s, $195/week
Second Year C.I.Ts: Training provided at no fee
Third Year C.I.T.s: Paid stipend of $100 for each week worked (with job requirements met to our satisfaction)
Fourth Year C.I.T.s: Paid stipend of $100 for each week worked (with job requirements met to our satisfaction). Counselors are required to be 18 years of age to be Counselors. Participation in the C.I.T. program does not guarantee employment.
All CITs are invited to participate in our Staff Training.Register