Need a dose of clarity found in nature?
Want more exercise and time for self-care? Craving community?
Mountain Mamas will meet at a different trailhead each week to hike, connect and share. There will be time for reflection and for creating community while getting a good dose of nature and exercise endorphins.
1. Fitness in Nature – Studies have shown that combining the benefits of regular exercise with time spent in nature improves mood, concentration and energy while decreasing stress levels and improving overall well-being.
2. Mindfulness – Hikers will practice ‘Sit Spots’, a form of mindfulness in nature, bringing together the benefits of meditation and creating an opportunity for greater nature-connection.
3. Community – Connect with other women to share the joys and challenges of motherhood, while sharing weekly discussion topics
4. Nature Journalling – Our weekly themes lend themselves to thoughtful reflection. We will find time to write and reflect on the trail or at home about our weekly topic.
5. Plant Knowledge and Medicinal Plants – On the trail we will learn about local plants and their medicinal uses.
On Saturdays, join us for optional Plant Medicine Making from noon-1 pm.