Mountain Mamas! Hiking and/or Running for Connection & Clarity
Need a dose of clarity found in nature?
Want more exercise and time for self-care? Craving community?
Mountain Mamas will meet each week to hike or run and connect. There will be time for yourself, and for creating community while getting a good dose of nature and exercise endorphins.
Mountain Mamas! Elevation Hiking
Wednesdays 9 am-noon
Hikers will meet at different trailheads weekly to hike and make time for sit spots, journaling, sharing, and nature-connection.
$99/month with a suggested 3 month commitment. October 3-December 19
Mountain Mamas! Early Bird Running
Tuesdays & Fridays, 6-7 am
Once you start your day this way, there is no turning back – fresh air, exercise, camaraderie, and a beautiful morning sunrise! You will feel ready to take on the morning routine with vigor after a quick run in the mountains. This has become my favorite way to start the day, and coming from a non-morning person, that’s saying a lot!
All levels of runners are invited to join. We will meet at various trailheads: Dale Ball, St. John’s, La Tierra.
$99/month with a suggested 3 month commitment October 2-December 21
* You’ll need: running shoes, a headlamp, layers, hat and gloves, water, a good alarm clock and a willingness to get up early and revel in the beauty of the morning sunrise. 🙂
Why Mountain Mamas?
I created this program because of my own experience of emerging from ‘the fog of early motherhood.’ When I started to get outside, get fit and connect with other mamas, I rediscovered my own strength, clarity, and happiness.
1. Fitness in Nature – Studies have shown that combining the benefits of regular exercise with time spent in nature improves mood, concentration and energy while decreasing stress levels and improving overall well-being.
2. Mindfulness – Hikers will practice ‘Sit Spots’, a form of mindfulness in nature, bringing together the benefits of meditation and creating an opportunity for greater nature-connection.
3. Community – Connect with other women to share the joys and challenges of motherhood.
4. Nature Journalling – Each Mountain Mama will receive her own Journal for guided activities and for freely recording your own musings and inspiration in nature and beyond.
5. Get in Shape for Backpacking – Get in shape for our Fall 2018 Mother-Daughter Backpacking Trip October 6-8, 2018.