- This program has passed.
Naturalist Group: Stepping Inside Earth’s Mind
April 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Friday, repeating until April 26, 2019
March 22-April 26 | Fridays 9-12 | 16 and older
Fridays 9 -12, suggested donation $20-$30/class. Six sessions.
Our practices are:
– Journaling seasonal phenomenon together, through our observations
– Taking time for regular ‘Sit Spot’ meditations
– Practice in offering the ‘Words before all else”, shared with us by Haudenosaunee or Six Nations, to include the more-than-human world in our conversations together
– Re-storying our bioregion
– Becoming endlessly curious about the bioregion in which we live.
We will learn and discuss:
– Tracking and trailing skills in connection with our local mammals,
– Bioregional ethnobotanical & medicinal plant knowledge
– Bird language & common local bird species
– Weather patterns, cycles and tracking seasonal shifts
– Primitive skills such as fire by friction, cordage and basketry
– Connection and relationship with the living, breathing world around us