Mountain Kids! COVID-19 Safety Protocols
For the Fall 2020 season of programs, Mountain Kids! has developed a robust set of COVID-19 Safety Protocols based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- All Mountain Kids! program staff will be tested for COVID-19 prior to beginning work in the Fall 2020 program season.
- Mountain Kids! has adjusted our programs to emphasize social distancing during program activities for the remainder of the duration of the COVID-19 public health crisis. All activities will occur outdoors.
- For any program field trips, participants will have to arrive to our destinations in their private vehicles as we are unable to safely offer group transportation at this time.
- Any staff or participants who travel out of state, or who are knowingly exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, will not be allowed to attend Mountain Kids! programs for a 14-day period, and will be encouraged to self-quarantine during this time.
Daily Safety Practices
- Prior to the beginning of each work day, all Mountain Kids! program staff will fill out a health and exposure self-assessment and a temperature check.
- Upon arrival, each program participant will be screened for COVID symptoms and exposure, including a temperature check.
- Program participants will wash hands upon arrival to the program and will be expected to observe social distancing throughout the program period. Mountain Kids! games and activities have been adapted to encourage proper social distancing.
- Masks will be required anytime participants are within six feet of each other.
- Any supplies that are handled during the course of programs will be disinfected daily.
- Mountain Kids! has adopted a robust set of internal COVID-19 safety and emergency protocols for our organization. These are available for review here.