COUNSELOR-IN-TRAINING (C.I.T.) PROGRAM
Mountain Kids! C.I.T. program provides 13-16 year old youth leadership experience with younger campers (5-6, 7-8, or 9-12). C.I.T.s work alongside our staff to lead activities, help children and staff with a variety of tasks, navigate the natural world, promote safety, learn, play, and have fun!
C.I.T.s work from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. C.I.T.s are asked to commit to a minimum of two consecutive weeks. C.I.T.s are invited to participate in staff trainings and meetings, providing them with additional behind the scenes experience in planning, problem solving and communication. C.I.T.s are transported in Mountain Kids! vehicles on our daily field trips.
Successful applicants for this program are:
- interested in, or enjoy working with children
- outdoor enthusiasts
- willing to take on some responsibility
- want to learn and have fun!
- Please complete the application below and submit your application to Katie@sfmountainkids.com
- Schedule an Interview with Katie
- Once accepted, parent and C.I.T. complete Medical and Waiver Form.
Fees and Stipends:
First Year C.I.T.s: Training and transportation of C.I.T.s, fee of $150/week.
Second Year C.I.Ts: Training and transportation provided at no fee.
Third Year C.I.T.s: Paid stipend of $75 for each two-week session worked (with job requirements met to our satisfaction)
Fourth Year C.I.T.s: At 16, C.I.T.s who have proven to be responsible and capable leaders may apply to become Junior counselors.